Please take a moment to review these rules.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violation of any law.
- You must be 18 to use this website and its features.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this website.
Breaking rules result in punishments. There are several types of punishments:
- Warning - This is where a public announcement is made that mentions your name and that you have broken a rule. I will determine whether you knew what you were doing was wrong or whether a warning is necessary to explain it do you. If I do not give a warning, I will skip ahead to the next step in the penalty list.
- Muting - This is where you are not able to talk on the board. You may still view it.
- Temporary Ban - This is where you are not able to view the board for a certain period of time.
- Permanent Ban - You can never again view the board.
The following rules list the most serious violations:
- No Hacking - This should go without saying, but you are not permitted to hack the board. Guessing someone else's password and succeeding counts as hacking. Members who hack will instantly be permanently banned without any warnings.
- No Discrimination - You may not insult members based on their religion, race, sex, political beliefs, or whether they are gay or straight. This is worse than flaming, because it also hurts other members of the board who fall into the category you insult. Noobtubers is a place where everyone is equal, and discrimination will NOT be tolerated!
- No Bullying or Harassment - Do not bully or harass other members or staff.
- No Flaming - Flaming harms the nice atmosphere of Noobtubers. It also causes thread's to go off topic, and most importantly, it hurts the person being flamed. The victim may defend themselves against any accusations made to them, but may not make any additional accusations to the flamer (which also counts as flaming).
- No Profanity or Obscene Content - Such content does not belong on Noobtubers. A censor system is in place as a backup. If you see words in your post being replaced with ****, you have done something wrong. Please edit your post and tone it down before your timer runs out. To edit a post, click the "Edit" button right below it. Cheating the censor system is against the rules.
- No Advertising - No advertising on the site / forums - use the appropriate designated places.
- No Illegal Activity - You are not allowed to break the law using Noobtubers. Posting links to roms is illegal, so this counts as a violation of this rule.
- No Double Posting or Spamming - You may not post more than once in a row in the same thread. Posting lots of times in a row reduces the quality of the board, is a waste of the board's memory, and provides the culprit with ill earned post count points. Double posts will be merged into regular posts,. Your post count can be changed to a negative number if necessary. The only exception to this rule is if your edit timer (24 hours) for the post has run out, in which case you may double post if you have something important to add. Spamming is also not allowed, and is defined as a post that has no meaning.
- No Topic Bumping - If a topic you created has no replies, you may not post again in it (although you may edit the post if the timer has not run out). If you made the thread because you need help with something, you may post again as long as you include additional information about your problem (the fact that you really really want it fixed does not count as additional information). You must post this in the same thread, and you are not allowed to create more than one thread per topic.
- No Posting Personal Info - You may not post your last name, or your street address on Noobtubers forums. This is because this information then becomes accessible to anyone.
- No Threatening to Leave the Board - Due to past experiences on the board, I have had to add this rule. You may not make posts threatening to leave the board. This causes flaming to occur. Because of what a problem this is, I cannot issue a warning for violations. Anyone responding poorly to these threads will also be muted.
If you break one of these rules, the following penalties will apply (first time, second time, third time...) with the exception of breaking the rule "No Hacking" which immediately results in a permanent ban:
- Warning - Depending on how serious a violation is, you may be issued a warning first
- Muting - Muting for 10 days
- Temporary ban - People who cause more problems after being muted for 10 days will be banned for a month, and for 2 months for the next offense.
- Permanent ban - At this point, it is obvious that will never learn your lesson, thus, a permanent ban is necessary to be rid of the problems you cause.
You also agree with our Terms of Service located here
We may update these at any time and force users to accept before using the website / forums.